Many Small Stories Together Form a Le Moyne Tradition: Dolphy Day
CMM-374 Class, Guest Writers • April 28, 2024

LeMoyne College seniors found out Monday evening, from the newly-named “Dolphy Day king,” through an email, that the big day would be Tuesday. Some...

Two Columns: Students Plead for Better Parking Solutions at Le Moyne
La Quida Cummings and Kamilla Shahzad April 26, 2024

Driving Change: Initiatives to Improve Commuter Parking By La Quida Cummings As a commuter student at Le Moyne, navigating the daily challenge...

The Worst Movie Ever Takes the Stage: Plan 9 from Outer Space Opens this Thursday
Carly Nicolai, Editor in Chief • April 22, 2024

Aliens, vampires, and zombies, oh my! All these ghouls will be populating the Jesuit Theater at the PAC this weekend, along with the humans trying...

Column: Restrictive College Housing Rules Need Adjusting
Stephen Moore, Guest Writer • April 22, 2024

Imagine starting college excited that you finally have some sense of freedom, only to discover that you must live all four years of your college...

Column: Dolphy Day Founders None Too Sure About ‘Dolphy Day IPA’
Legende McGrath, Guest Writer • April 22, 2024

Last month, Dolphy Day IPA officially hit the shelves of stores, promoting not only Le Moyne College but also Meier’s Creek Brewing Company....

What’s Happening at the PAC this Fall?

The PAC at during the Fall Arts & Engagement Festival on Aug. 31, via @vpaatlemoyne on Instagram.

The Le Moyne VPA is preparing for a busy season of gothic delight, warm jazz, and out-of-the-box storytelling, and now is the perfect time to get involved! Auditions for music, dance, and theater groups will begin this week.

This semester, the Boot and Buskin theater company is producing an adaptation of the classic works of Edgar Allen Poe in a brand new jukebox musical Edgar in The Red Room. Auditions are on Sept. 5th and 6th and are open to any Le Moyne student regardless of major or class year. To prepare for auditions students are advised to bring a short monologue, but monologues will also be available upon arrival. Contact director Matt Choirini for more information at [email protected].

This Wednesday, Sept. 6th, auditions for the Le Moyne Symphony Orchestra (LCSO) will take place. LCSO is a full instrumental, orchestral group composed of woodwinds, strings, and brass that performs once at the end of the year and are part of the Music Minor. This December, the group will be performing selections from animated media such as films and video games in The Animated Orchestra! For more information email Travis Newton at [email protected].

The Le Moyne Chamber Singers will be holding auditions within the upcoming week, they are a small treble ensemble that performs contemporary and classical choir pieces. They perform twice a year. This group will also fulfill a requirement for the Music Minor. For more information contact Julia Ebner at [email protected].

Finally, the Major Arcana Fringe Fest is a collection of short works directed by students and performed by students. More information will be provided at the Major Arcana Fringe Forum taking place Sept. 8th, and performances will take place Nov. 16-18th.

The Le Moyne VPA is full of creative opportunities for students of all majors and interests, so if you are interested in getting involved be sure to join us at the upcoming auditions!