Two Columns: Students Plead for Better Parking Solutions at Le Moyne
La Quida Cummings and Kamilla Shahzad April 26, 2024

Driving Change: Initiatives to Improve Commuter Parking By La Quida Cummings As a commuter student at Le Moyne, navigating the daily challenge...

The Worst Movie Ever Takes the Stage: Plan 9 from Outer Space Opens this Thursday
Carly Nicolai, Editor in Chief • April 22, 2024

Aliens, vampires, and zombies, oh my! All these ghouls will be populating the Jesuit Theater at the PAC this weekend, along with the humans trying...

Column: Restrictive College Housing Rules Need Adjusting
Stephen Moore, Guest Writer • April 22, 2024

Imagine starting college excited that you finally have some sense of freedom, only to discover that you must live all four years of your college...

Column: Dolphy Day Founders None Too Sure About ‘Dolphy Day IPA’
Legende McGrath, Guest Writer • April 22, 2024

Last month, Dolphy Day IPA officially hit the shelves of stores, promoting not only Le Moyne College but also Meier’s Creek Brewing Company....

Campus Mass Thursday as Le Moyne Mourns Loss “That Breaks Our Hearts” – Deaths of Two Law Enforcement Officers With Close Ties to College
CMM-374 Class, Guest Writers • April 17, 2024

A Mass will be said at noon Thursday at the Panasci Family Chapel - and the flags on the Grewen quad will fly at half-staff until next week -...

Students Dazzle in Annual Singers Cabaret

Christianna Kosta (’25), Marisa Barnard (’24) and Erin Curry (’25) performing “A Soft Place to Land” from Waitress.

On a frigid Wednesday night, friends and family braved the cold and filtered into Le Moyne’s Jesuit Theatre in the PAC for the annual Singers Cabaret.

The Singers Cabaret is an hour-long concert featuring student solos as well as performances by the Le Moyne College Singers, a group composed of both students and community members. The event was organized by Greg Giovanini and Caryn Patterson. Patterson is an adjunct professor of music and the choral director of the Le Moyne College Singers. 

“The purpose of the Singers Cabaret is to showcase some of the amazing singing talent here at Le Moyne College,” Patterson says. “All Le Moyne students are welcome to audition for this event, even if they aren’t currently involved in classes or ensembles in the VPA program. Our hope is that we can encourage students to check out all the amazing things happening in the Music Department and possibly join one of the Le Moyne ensembles in the future.”

Allison Tyrrell, a sophomore math major, “auditioned for the Cabaret, not expecting to be chosen. It was my first semester in choir, and I wanted to challenge myself by stepping out of my comfort zone.” 

Each performer was given the opportunity to introduce their song and why it was important to them. Tyrrell’s solo, “Broken Halos” by Chris Stapleton, is a song about loss, something she told the audience she’s been through enough times to feel a deep connection with the lyrics. 

“All the soloists delivered exceptional performances, showcasing their emotions and attachment to their pieces,” Tyrrell credits.

From sultry breakup songs to hopeful Disney tunes, Patterson agrees that “the performance this year was truly outstanding. It was clear that all the singers worked hard to prepare their songs and were able to deliver polished, thoughtful performances.”

Through all the nerves and doubts, every soloist put their best foot forward to make the show special.

“I would love to participate in the Cabaret again next year and have another opportunity to express my emotions through music,” Tyrrell says. “The support from everyone involved in the Cabaret made the experience unforgettable.”

The Le Moyne College Singers will be performing their Eclipse-themed Spring Concert on May 1st at 7:30pm in the Panasci Family Chapel.