Long-Unused Courtyard to Finally Reopen as a Community Space
Annie Hubert, Guest Writer • April 13, 2024

Riddled with cracked cement and overgrown weeds, the courtyard that lies between Grewen and Reilly halls has been left untouched by the Le Moyne...

‘It Felt Like a Gift From God’: Le Moyne Students and Surrounding Community React to Eclipse
CMM-274 Class, Guest Writers • April 11, 2024

Amanda Wood started her day off in a taciturn mood at Le Moyne College, underwhelmed by all the talk of the big event. Monday was just any other...

Le Moyne College Responds to Surge in Campus Car Break-ins
La Quida Cummings, Guest Writer • April 10, 2024

In response to a recent series of car break-ins across campus, Derek McGork, director of Security, used a recent interview with The Dolphin to...

Spotlight: Cellist Jordan Gunns Musical Journey
Spotlight: Cellist Jordan Gunn's Musical Journey
Daniel Mondelli April 9, 2024

This Wednesday, April 10th, Le Moyne will host a performance by cellist Jordan Gunn in the Panasci Family Chapel at 7:30 pm and will be accompanied...

Flags and Acknowledgements: Le Moyne Takes Steps Toward Reconciliation with the Haudenosaunee
Isabella Allen and Carly Nicolai April 5, 2024

“We honor the Onondaga Nation, the original people on whose land Le Moyne College stands.” You may have heard this recited at school-sponsored...

Students Dazzle in Annual Singers Cabaret

Christianna Kosta (’25), Marisa Barnard (’24) and Erin Curry (’25) performing “A Soft Place to Land” from Waitress.

On a frigid Wednesday night, friends and family braved the cold and filtered into Le Moyne’s Jesuit Theatre in the PAC for the annual Singers Cabaret.

The Singers Cabaret is an hour-long concert featuring student solos as well as performances by the Le Moyne College Singers, a group composed of both students and community members. The event was organized by Greg Giovanini and Caryn Patterson. Patterson is an adjunct professor of music and the choral director of the Le Moyne College Singers. 

“The purpose of the Singers Cabaret is to showcase some of the amazing singing talent here at Le Moyne College,” Patterson says. “All Le Moyne students are welcome to audition for this event, even if they aren’t currently involved in classes or ensembles in the VPA program. Our hope is that we can encourage students to check out all the amazing things happening in the Music Department and possibly join one of the Le Moyne ensembles in the future.”

Allison Tyrrell, a sophomore math major, “auditioned for the Cabaret, not expecting to be chosen. It was my first semester in choir, and I wanted to challenge myself by stepping out of my comfort zone.” 

Each performer was given the opportunity to introduce their song and why it was important to them. Tyrrell’s solo, “Broken Halos” by Chris Stapleton, is a song about loss, something she told the audience she’s been through enough times to feel a deep connection with the lyrics. 

“All the soloists delivered exceptional performances, showcasing their emotions and attachment to their pieces,” Tyrrell credits.

From sultry breakup songs to hopeful Disney tunes, Patterson agrees that “the performance this year was truly outstanding. It was clear that all the singers worked hard to prepare their songs and were able to deliver polished, thoughtful performances.”

Through all the nerves and doubts, every soloist put their best foot forward to make the show special.

“I would love to participate in the Cabaret again next year and have another opportunity to express my emotions through music,” Tyrrell says. “The support from everyone involved in the Cabaret made the experience unforgettable.”

The Le Moyne College Singers will be performing their Eclipse-themed Spring Concert on May 1st at 7:30pm in the Panasci Family Chapel.