Campus Mass Thursday as Le Moyne Mourns Loss “That Breaks Our Hearts” – Deaths of Two Law Enforcement Officers With Close Ties to College
CMM-374 Class, Guest Writers • April 17, 2024

A Mass will be said at noon Thursday at the Panasci Family Chapel - and the flags on the Grewen quad will fly at half-staff until next week -...

Your Dolphy Day Guide: Tips and Strategies for Getting the Most Out of the Day!
Maria Randazzo, Director of the Wellness Center for Health and Counseling • April 16, 2024

All but freshman have experienced Dolphy Day so you know what to expect. Did you do it right last year, meaning you had a wonderful time with...

NASA Astronaut Jeanette Epps in action
From Syracuse to the Stars: Old Friend Marvels at Success of Astronaut Jeanette Epps
Kamilla Shahzad, Staff Writer • April 15, 2024

Jeanette Epps stands at the forefront of space exploration, embodying resilience, and intellect while breaking barriers and redefining boundaries....

Shot Clock, Precious Artifact of NBA History, at Le Moyne – But Out of View
Stephen Riale, Guest Writer • April 15, 2024

Tucked away in an unsuspecting corner of Le Moyne’s Noreen Reale Falcone library is a treasure trove of basketball history. The Syracuse...

Long-Unused Courtyard to Finally Reopen as a Community Space
Annie Hubert, Guest Writer • April 13, 2024

Riddled with cracked cement and overgrown weeds, the courtyard that lies between Grewen and Reilly halls has been left untouched by the Le Moyne...

Career Advising & Development at Le Moyne

“What do you want to do with your degree?”

It’s a question many college students have heard before, whether it comes from friends and family, or even oneself. Perhaps you have a specific goal in mind with a clear-set path, but it’s also entirely possible that you have no idea at all what it is you want to do, and that’s okay!

Whether you’re exploring future career options, on the hunt for an internship, or even looking for your job post-graduation, Le Moyne Career Advising & Development is here to help you. The professional world can seem quite intimidating to many, and it can be difficult to know where to begin, but that is why the Career Advising & Development staff have specific resources to help get you started!

If it is a job or internship you’re looking for, look no further than Handshake. Not only are students able to look for and connect with employers, but employers often reach out directly to students based on their profile, and it is really easy to create one.

Le Moyne students should be able to sign in with their school login, and after that, information about the individual, such as their name and major will already be filled out. After the profile is rounded out, it’s quite simple to explore industries relevant to the student’s interests and area of study, then start connecting with potential employers. Through Handshake, many Le Moyne students and alumni have found internships, fellowships, part-time jobs, and full-time jobs.

Also, the Fall 2023 Job & Internship Fair will be taking place on Thursday, Sept. 21st from 3:30-5:30 PM. The fair is an excellent opportunity to talk to employers directly about career opportunities and start making connections in your industry of interest! If you are interested in attending, please register on Handshake.

But, what if you don’t know what you want to do or need help putting together a resume? That’s what Career Advising & Development is for! Through Handshake, students can make an appointment with them and talk about career exploration in order to make an action plan.

With help from the Career Advising & Development staff, you don’t have to be alone in taking those first, often scary, steps into the professional world. Appointments are also available in person or over Zoom to help with resumes, cover letters, job/internship searches, major exploration, graduate school applications, and Handshake/LinkedIn profiles, amongst other things. 

LinkedIn is another great resource for students looking for jobs and internships; most young professionals have a profile. It’s not social media in the same way as Instagram or Snapchat, but it is a good way to put your professional persona out there for potential employers to see. Not only that, but it’s a great resource for connecting with Le Moyne alumni and exploring career opportunities that way, as well. Say you’re looking for a job in a certain industry in the Syracuse area – you would easily be able to find nearby alumni in that field of work through the Le Moyne LinkedIn account. 

If you don’t know where to start, consider checking out the Career Advising webpages; they are a great collection of tools and resources for you. Also, consider making an appointment with Career Advising & Development if you would like specific information and/or personal advice as you begin to think about your professional career. There is also a Resume and Cover Letter Guide and a LinkedIn Guide available if you are ready to explore those opportunities, as well. 

For any additional questions, feel free to stop by the Career Advising Office in Reilly Hall 342, or email them at [email protected].