Missing Out: Dolphy Day From the Perspective of a Student Athlete
Nick Nevins, Guest Writer • May 1, 2024

Tuesday, April 23rd was the famous Dolphy Day everyone looks forward to every semester. From a student-athlete’s perspective, I woke up around...

Many Small Stories Together Form a Le Moyne Tradition: Dolphy Day
CMM-374 Class, Guest Writers • April 28, 2024

LeMoyne College seniors found out Monday evening, from the newly-named “Dolphy Day king,” through an email, that the big day would be Tuesday. Some...

Two Columns: Students Plead for Better Parking Solutions at Le Moyne
La Quida Cummings and Kamilla Shahzad April 26, 2024

Driving Change: Initiatives to Improve Commuter Parking By La Quida Cummings As a commuter student at Le Moyne, navigating the daily challenge...

The Worst Movie Ever Takes the Stage: Plan 9 from Outer Space Opens this Thursday
Carly Nicolai, Editor in Chief • April 22, 2024

Aliens, vampires, and zombies, oh my! All these ghouls will be populating the Jesuit Theater at the PAC this weekend, along with the humans trying...

Column: Restrictive College Housing Rules Need Adjusting
Stephen Moore, Guest Writer • April 22, 2024

Imagine starting college excited that you finally have some sense of freedom, only to discover that you must live all four years of your college...

Long-Unused Courtyard to Finally Reopen as a Community Space

Riddled with cracked cement and overgrown weeds, the courtyard that lies between Grewen and Reilly halls has been left untouched by the Le Moyne community for years – up until recent weeks. The courtyard is part of the $6.5 million renovations that Reilly Hall has been undergoing for the past few semesters. Thus, the space will be getting a long overdue facelift.

The space will include lounge furniture, as well as cafe tables and chairs, making for a blissful outdoor spot on campus. Campus Architect Fouad Dietz says the space will be transformed into a “quiet hang-out and collaboration space for students and faculty.”

Construction began earlier this semester, starting work on tasks such as cleaning the surrounding masonry, replacing missing mortar, and repairing the spalling concrete. Once these restorations are completed, Dietz says the next step will be waterproofing the concrete and then decking the area. The hope is that the courtyard will have wooden deck flooring.

While the space will be a wonderful addition to the Le Moyne campus, it has its limitations. Dietz said the area may not be used for events due to the surrounding classrooms and faculty offices. Additionally, the space will shut down during the winter months.

The project is expected to be finished and open to students, faculty, and staff by the start of the Fall 2024 semester. Individuals can find entry to the courtyard in the glass hallways on the second floor of Reilly Hall. Additionally, this entry point will include a ramp down to the decked surface, creating easy access for all.

“It’s nice that Le Moyne is recognizing that, ‘Oh, this space is being used for nothing, let’s turn it into something,’ even if it is just a nice little area for studying and hanging out with friends.” said Kristen Hosmer, a senior at Le Moyne.

The courtyard renovations are sure to enrich Le Moyne’s campus life as it will provide the community with a multi-functional space for studying, socializing, and all around relaxation.