Photo courtesy of Le Moyne; Images of Officer Jensen, Onondaga County Sheriff’s Lt. Hoosock posted at memorial service.
‘A True Leader and Phenomenal Teammate’: Remembering Fallen Officer, a Le Moyne Graduate
Stephen Moore and Aidan Clark May 8, 2024

The Rev. William Dolan wants you to know what the community lost when Michael Jensen, a Syracuse police officer and a Le Moyne graduate, was...

Dr. James Carroll: The Donation that Rewrote Le Moyne  College’s History
Dr. James Carroll: The Donation that Rewrote Le Moyne College’s History
Legende McGrath, Guest Writer • May 7, 2024

In late March, Le Moyne College, specifically the College of Arts and Sciences, received a $12 million donation provided by Le Moyne alumnus...

Commuter Students Offer Opinions on New Faculty Parking Lot
Corinne Becker, News & Features Editor • May 3, 2024

Le Moyne’s Board of Trustees approved the construction of a new parking lot outside of Mitchell Hall during their February meeting. While the...

This years Dolphins Choice Award awardees
‘This Work We Put in Pays Off’: Students Honored at Dolphins Choice Awards

On April 14, Le Moyne’s student leaders were celebrated at the annual Dolphins Choice Awards to commemorate their hard work making campus a...

Fouad Dietz speaking to a journalism class
Transforming Le Moyne: Campus Renovation Plans Unveiled
La Quida Cummings, Guest Writer • May 2, 2024

Le Moyne is embarking on a major transformation through a series of extensive infrastructure projects aimed at modernizing the campus and enhancing...

Le Moyne is embarking on a major transformation through a series of extensive infrastructure projects aimed at modernizing the campus and enhancing the overall collegiate experience. Campus Architect Fouad Dietz outlined the comprehensive plans in recent conversations, plans that include significant upgrades to academic buildings and the campus environment.

The renovation initiatives are diverse, covering major enhancements like the overhaul of Reilly Hall and the athletic complex, as well as beautification of the landscape and pedestrian pathways.

Key among these projects is the addition of a new 65-car parking lot — set to start in 2025 — near Mitchell Hall, strategically designed to address the shortage of parking that has become more acute with the removal of nearby on-street parking due to new bike lanes. This development is critical as it reflects the college’s proactive approach to managing the increased demand for parking as student enrollment grows.

The third phase of the Reilly Hall renovation, with an estimated cost of $6.5 million, will concentrate on refurbishing faculty wings and the first floor, which includes improvements to the art studio and educational spaces. Alongside this, there are plans for infrastructural enhancements at the Firehouse and a redesign of the quad, all aimed at boosting the campus’s functional and aesthetic appeal.

The overall expenditure for these summer projects is projected to be substantial, with the total cost anticipated to exceed $7 million. This includes around $300,000 allocated for site work at the Firehouse alone. Each project component is carefully planned to ensure seamless integration with the existing campus structures and environment, aligning with Dietz’s vision of cohesive growth and development. Furthermore, plans for the Firehouse involve transforming it into a student-centered hub, potentially featuring a coffee house and multipurpose spaces.

The total projected costs for the highlighted summer projects are significant:
– Reilly Hall: $6.5 million
– Site work (including quad and parking): Approximately $1 million+
– Firehouse site work: $300,000