Commuter Students Offer Opinions on New Faculty Parking Lot
Corinne Becker, News & Features Editor • May 3, 2024

Le Moyne’s Board of Trustees approved the construction of a new parking lot outside of Mitchell Hall during their February meeting. While the...

This years Dolphins Choice Award awardees
‘This Work We Put in Pays Off’: Students Honored at Dolphins Choice Awards

On April 14, Le Moyne’s student leaders were celebrated at the annual Dolphins Choice Awards to commemorate their hard work making campus a...

Fouad Dietz speaking to a journalism class
Transforming Le Moyne: Campus Renovation Plans Unveiled
La Quida Cummings, Guest Writer • May 2, 2024

Le Moyne is embarking on a major transformation through a series of extensive infrastructure projects aimed at modernizing the campus and enhancing...

photo courtesy of Le Moyne
Missing Out: Dolphy Day From the Perspective of a Student Athlete
Nick Nevins, Guest Writer • May 1, 2024

Tuesday, April 23rd was the famous Dolphy Day everyone looks forward to every semester. From a student-athlete’s perspective, I woke up around...

Many Small Stories Together Form a Le Moyne Tradition: Dolphy Day
CMM-374 Class, Guest Writers • April 28, 2024

LeMoyne College seniors found out Monday evening, from the newly-named “Dolphy Day king,” through an email, that the big day would be Tuesday. Some...

Get to Know the Campus Dining Staff!

I interviewed the wonderful staff of our Campus dining hall. The dining hall deserves more recognition than we give them. They work hard to make sure that our food is the best that it can be and that we always have enough food throughout the day. Here is a glimpse of what some of our dining hall staff members are like. This is a friendly reminder to be friendly and get to know the Dining Hall employees when you see them.

Breonna Espey-Dennard, a Syracuse native, has worked at the Le Moyne dining hall for four months. Espey-Dennard says a typical day working in the dining hall is busy. She comes in early, preps food, and “does what’s right for kids.” Espey-Dennard loves her job and says interacting with LeMoyne’s students is the best part. For her, there is nothing better than communicating with students and making someone smile.

Espey-Dennard says the hardest part of her job is keeping personal problems separate from work while still being able to stay true to herself. She enjoys “dancing, music, and family fun nights with her kids.”

Donte Lyles has worked at the dining hall for exactly a year. Lyles’ daily routine is filled with activity, but he thinks of his job as a cool experience. What Lyles loves about his job at the dining hall is that he gets to eat for free and has access to school resources such as the gym and library. He loves to help and talk to students during their school day.
Waking up early and dealing with cold weather is the hardest part of Lyles’ job. Lyles is also from Syracuse and loves music. He works on various musical projects and has a side job at Studio Works.

David Kiching has worked at the LeMoyne dining hall for just seven months. Kiching’s days are varied. If there is something popular at the allergy station then it’s extremely busy, but it can be quiet if the foods don’t draw people.. He loves meeting and interacting with students and getting to see a glimpse of what college life looks like. Kiching’s least favorite part of his job are the long hours. Another Syracuse resident, Kiching loves spending time with his family and attending sports games as well as other recreational activities.

Le Moyne has a strong enthusiastic staff in our dining hall. We are fortunate to have such caring and passionate staff. Be sure to give our Dining Hall more recognition and if you are in there please feel free to chat with our staff and say hello.