Long-Unused Courtyard to Finally Reopen as a Community Space
Annie Hubert, Guest Writer • April 13, 2024

Riddled with cracked cement and overgrown weeds, the courtyard that lies between Grewen and Reilly halls has been left untouched by the Le Moyne...

‘It Felt Like a Gift From God’: Le Moyne Students and Surrounding Community React to Eclipse
CMM-274 Class, Guest Writers • April 11, 2024

Amanda Wood started her day off in a taciturn mood at Le Moyne College, underwhelmed by all the talk of the big event. Monday was just any other...

Le Moyne College Responds to Surge in Campus Car Break-ins
La Quida Cummings, Guest Writer • April 10, 2024

In response to a recent series of car break-ins across campus, Derek McGork, director of Security, used a recent interview with The Dolphin to...

Spotlight: Cellist Jordan Gunns Musical Journey
Spotlight: Cellist Jordan Gunn's Musical Journey
Daniel Mondelli April 9, 2024

This Wednesday, April 10th, Le Moyne will host a performance by cellist Jordan Gunn in the Panasci Family Chapel at 7:30 pm and will be accompanied...

Flags and Acknowledgements: Le Moyne Takes Steps Toward Reconciliation with the Haudenosaunee
Isabella Allen and Carly Nicolai April 5, 2024

“We honor the Onondaga Nation, the original people on whose land Le Moyne College stands.” You may have heard this recited at school-sponsored...

$12 Million Donation Names College of Arts and Sciences After Dr. James J. and Mary A. Carroll

Carly Nicolai
Dr. James J. Carroll (‘66) speaking at the announcement ceremony

This morning President Linda LeMura announced that alumni Dr. James J. Carroll (‘66) and his wife Mary Carroll donated $12 million to the school, the largest alumni gift in the school’s history. As such, the College of Arts and Sciences, which never carried a formal name in the school’s 78-year existence, will be named after the couple as the Dr. James J. ’66 and Mary A. Carroll College of Arts and Sciences. 

Provost James Hannan explained that $6 million of the donation will be used to endow scholarships for students who enter the school as majors within the Carroll College of Arts & Sciences. $4 million will fund the creation of endowed professorships named after Dr. James J. Carroll and Mary A. Carroll respectively. Finally, $2 million will be put towards advancing teaching and innovation in pedagogy in the William J. Bosch, S.J. Teaching and Learning Center.

Additionally, Vice President for Advancement and Innovation Jim Joseph announced that 15 months into the school’s academic fundraising campaign, the Carrolls’ donation has pushed Le Moyne beyond its original $30 million goal, now reaching $35 million. As a result, the goal has been raised to $50 million. 

“Le Moyne College is blessed to have the generous support of Jim and Mary,” said President LeMura during the announcement ceremony. “Their belief in Le Moyne will help us provide the values-informed, intellectually rigorous and student-centered education that has defined the College since its founding.”