Long-Unused Courtyard to Finally Reopen as a Community Space
Annie Hubert, Guest Writer • April 13, 2024

Riddled with cracked cement and overgrown weeds, the courtyard that lies between Grewen and Reilly halls has been left untouched by the Le Moyne...

‘It Felt Like a Gift From God’: Le Moyne Students and Surrounding Community React to Eclipse
CMM-274 Class, Guest Writers • April 11, 2024

Amanda Wood started her day off in a taciturn mood at Le Moyne College, underwhelmed by all the talk of the big event. Monday was just any other...

Le Moyne College Responds to Surge in Campus Car Break-ins
La Quida Cummings, Guest Writer • April 10, 2024

In response to a recent series of car break-ins across campus, Derek McGork, director of Security, used a recent interview with The Dolphin to...

Spotlight: Cellist Jordan Gunns Musical Journey
Spotlight: Cellist Jordan Gunn's Musical Journey
Daniel Mondelli April 9, 2024

This Wednesday, April 10th, Le Moyne will host a performance by cellist Jordan Gunn in the Panasci Family Chapel at 7:30 pm and will be accompanied...

Flags and Acknowledgements: Le Moyne Takes Steps Toward Reconciliation with the Haudenosaunee
Isabella Allen and Carly Nicolai April 5, 2024

“We honor the Onondaga Nation, the original people on whose land Le Moyne College stands.” You may have heard this recited at school-sponsored...

The New Path Up the Hill

The New Path Up the Hill

The hill upon which Grewen Hall is situated provides a splendid view from up top, but climbing up it every day does give some challenges, especially in the winter, when roads are slippery and the wind is biting. Last semester, a new path up the hill emerged. Spanning from Parking Lot A to Grewen Hall, the new trail has become a daily walk by many faculty and students alike.

According to Le Moyne Campus Spokesperson Joe Della Posta, the trail was initially a modest “simple mowed path,” but it has gradually widened since its creation by the Physical Plant. Its unpaved and unmaintained nature has raised questions among students and faculty, who wonder whether the college has plans for a permanent trail at that spot.

Addressing the questions, Della Posta stated it will remain available for pedestrian use. “There are no plans to get rid of the path. The college is not considering paving it,” he said.

Many students and faculty can be seen using the trail, which can save a few moments, rather than using paved trails to the east – though some noted the challenge on wet or muddy days. Asked his thoughts of the new path, junior Samuel Bailey said he uses the trail often and stated that “simply a small gravel path would be much easier and appropriate for the area.”

Because the hillside is used as a wild flower area, Della Posta said there are no plans for adding gravel to the trail.