Missing Out: Dolphy Day From the Perspective of a Student Athlete
Nick Nevins, Guest Writer • May 1, 2024

Tuesday, April 23rd was the famous Dolphy Day everyone looks forward to every semester. From a student-athlete’s perspective, I woke up around...

Many Small Stories Together Form a Le Moyne Tradition: Dolphy Day
CMM-374 Class, Guest Writers • April 28, 2024

LeMoyne College seniors found out Monday evening, from the newly-named “Dolphy Day king,” through an email, that the big day would be Tuesday. Some...

Two Columns: Students Plead for Better Parking Solutions at Le Moyne
La Quida Cummings and Kamilla Shahzad April 26, 2024

Driving Change: Initiatives to Improve Commuter Parking By La Quida Cummings As a commuter student at Le Moyne, navigating the daily challenge...

The Worst Movie Ever Takes the Stage: Plan 9 from Outer Space Opens this Thursday
Carly Nicolai, Editor in Chief • April 22, 2024

Aliens, vampires, and zombies, oh my! All these ghouls will be populating the Jesuit Theater at the PAC this weekend, along with the humans trying...

Column: Restrictive College Housing Rules Need Adjusting
Stephen Moore, Guest Writer • April 22, 2024

Imagine starting college excited that you finally have some sense of freedom, only to discover that you must live all four years of your college...

Le Moyne Looks to Add Mitchell Parking Lot

Mitchell+Hall
Carly Nicolai
Mitchell Hall

Parking is a hotly contested issue at Le Moyne College, with both commuters and faculty having to share spots that fill up quickly. Their complaints have been rampant, but at a February meeting, Le Moyne’s Board of Trustees will be reviewing a plan to build a new parking lot in front of Mitchell Hall. 

This lot would be open to faculty only, with access only available through a fob specifically given to those using the 65 new spaces that will be constructed. According to Joseph Della Posta, Director of Communications and Public Affairs at Le Moyne, the project, which would cost the college approximately $175,000, could be done as early as fall of 2024.

…assuming [the Board] approve[s] it at the meeting, the College will move forward with getting bids for the project and constructing it this summer…” Della Posta stated in an email. 

Some wonder why the school would build a lot for faculty instead of commuters, but Della Posta says the idea behind the plan is that designating spaces for faculty will in turn open more parking for commuters. Current parking lots for commuter students at Le Moyne include Lots A, AA, AAA, and Lot C. However, many faculty and residents also park in these spaces due to their convenience and walkability to the academic buildings and athletic complexes.

Della Posta ensures that those in charge of the decision to build the new parking lot “are confident that this will free up spots for the students.”

When asked what she thought about the plan, commuter student Kira Lioto said, “I think it’s a good idea if [the faculty] actually use it, it should be required for faculty to park there so students can have their own lots.”

Despite the skepticism, adding additional parking is a long awaited move by the college that has the potential to reduce the stress that surrounds daily commutes to campus.