Lytoya Baker, courtesy of Le Moyne College athletics
Dolphins Stepping Up: The Divison I Transition in Women's Basketball
Claire Rickett and Payton Hirsch February 29, 2024

The Le Moyne College women’s basketball team, whose final Northeast-10 home game is against St. Francis at 2 p.m. Saturday, has done surprisingly...

The Unlikely Journey that Led to Jenicah Brown’s Historic Goal
Stephen Riale, Guest Writer • February 26, 2024

“I think that every athlete at one point or another dreams of playing at the Division 1 level,” Le Moyne College women’s soccer star Jenicah...

Coach Liz Beville, courtesy of Greg Wall, Le Moyne Athletics
Lacrosse Progams Zero in on D-I Challenge
Stephen Moore and Aidan Clark February 26, 2024

With the inaugural Division I season approaching for Le Moyne College’s lacrosse program, the Dolphins look to make waves at the D-I level...

The Dolphin Goes Offline: Copyright Issues Force Paper to Remove Majority of Articles
Isabella Allen, Staff Writer • February 26, 2024

The Dolphin has been a staple of Le Moyne college for many years, giving journalism students an avenue to learn and practice news writing before...

photo courtesy of I Love NY
Le Moyne Events Shaping for Eclipse
Aidan Mingoia and Legende McGrath February 26, 2024

Le Moyne College, in preparation for the once-in-a-lifetime celestial event that will occur in just over a month, will be hosting a myriad of...

The Authentication Situation: Why You Can’t Get into Your Le Moyne Account

Sean Kirst
Students waiting in line at the IT Service Desk this Monday.

As students and staff returned to the Heights for the first day of classes this Monday, a large number of them were confronted with a dilemma — they could not log into their Le Moyne accounts.

Many fumbled in class as they attempted to access Canvas or their Google account, professors struggled to present their syllabus or related materials for their introductory class, and students had to use their personal emails to contact their professors. All the while, an ever-growing line of confused dolphins formed at the library’s Information Technology desk, all with the same question: what happened? 

According to Associate Vice President for Information Technology Shaun Black, “as of June 1, 2023, Le Moyne was required to enable multi-factor authentication (MFA) for all internet accessible services to comply with federal regulatory requirements. When individuals returned to Le Moyne for the fall term, many did not have a valid MFA method configured on their accounts and specifically did not have the recommended mobile authenticator method enabled.” 

Although Le Moyne IT anticipated this, what they did not know was that cellular carriers recently began to reject the SMS MFA messages in early July as part of new efforts to reduce SPAM texts. This meant that many who were trying to log in to their school accounts for the first time all summer or on a different device were completely locked out if they had not previously set up a mobile authenticator. 

Currently, the Le Moyne IT Department recommends that staff and students who have not already registered a mobile authenticator start with the step-by-step documentation. If an individual is having trouble configuring or using multi-factor authentication, please visit the Le Moyne IT Service Desk in person on the first floor of the library. The hours of operation are listed on the Campus Technology page on the Le Moyne website.