Le Moyne’s Basketball Teams Will Be Broadcasted on ESPN 3

Back to Article
Back to Article

October 26, 2017 - Robert Jones III, a senior on the men’s basketball team in the newly renovated Ted Grant Court.

Le Moyne College recently announced that the men and women’s basketball teams will for the first time be broadcasted on ESPN 3 in a doubleheader against Adelphi University on Wednesday, Jan. 31.  

“We threw a pitch of three different games that we thought would be worthy of being shown. We wanted to promote the Ted-Grant Court as it’s newly renovated, and that we’d be playing a home game versus Adelphi,” said Craig Lane, the Assistant Athletic Director for Sports Information. Lane explained how Le Moyne vs. Adelphi became one of the 14 games chosen so far by the ESPN 3 Committee to be broadcast.

“Le Moyne’s a great school in academics and athletics. There’s a lot of broadcasting that can be talked about,” said Gina Castelli, the Head Women’s Basketball Coach. Last season, the Adelphi women’s team won the title in the NE-10, while the Le Moyne men’s team had earned the top seed. “That’s probably one of the reasons they chose to broadcast these games.”

“What makes us stand out this year is the maturity level of these girls,” said Castelli. “It’s a lot easier to coach a team that has one common goal. They want it more than I do. They step up more and more every day.” Both teams have made progress over the last fews years. “We’ve been building ourselves up. Last year we were 15-13, which is the best we’ve played in over a decade,” said Castelli about the women’s team.

“Conditioning is way more intense this season,” said Robert Jones III, a senior on the men’s basketball team, who gave an inside perspective on how the men’s team was able to reach this new milestone. “Our coach pushes us to the limit not only physically but mentally.” When asked about what makes this year’s team succeed, Jones said, “It sounds small, but we’re all super close outside the court. We know where we excel. The passion and the desire to win the whole thing this year is incredible.”

“As the game gets closer, Le Moyne will make efforts to promote the game,” said Lane. The women’s game will start at 5:30 p.m. and the men’s at 7:30 p.m. You’ll be able to access the live coverage of the games on ESPN 3 through applications such as smartphones, tablets, computers, or the ESPN app at no cost.

• Le Moyne’s Basketball Teams Will Be Broadcasted on ESPN 3

New Grant from McNeil Family Goes Towards New Risk Management and Insurance Major

Le Moyne College Occupational Therapy Department Hires New Chair

Playwright Kyle Bass Speaks at Le Moyne

Foery Hall Custodial Staff No Longer Cleans Suites’ Bathrooms

Penny Wars Relies on Loose Change to Fundraise for Hurricane Relief Efforts

Le Moyne College hires Rochelle Robinson, Violence Prevention Educator, after receiving a Grant from the Department of Justice for Sexual Assault Prevention

48 Hour Film Project

Craft Talk and Reading with Poet Gabriel Fitzmaurice

Inclusivity and Bias at Le Moyne

Educating the Whole Artist