‘Phins Baseball Wins 3, Loses 3 on Road

lemoynedolphins.com
lemoynedolphins.com

lemoynedolphins.com

lemoynedolphins.com

While students were enjoying Spring Break, Head Coach Scott Cassidy and the Le Moyne Dolphins were competing in North Carolina and Pennsylvania against non-league competition.

In the first game on March 4, Le Moyne faced Seton Hill University in quite the contest. After the Griffins got on the scoreboard first, Le Moyne answered with a JT Pittman solo home run. After the two sides traded runs back

and forth, redshirt sophomore Ben Walsh broke the 3-3 tie with a walk-off blast for the win. Junior righty Alex Kubera was credited with his third win of the year on the mound.

In the second game of the day, the Dolphins had a tough time with St. Thomas Aquinas, the 21st-ranked team in the country. The Spartans started the route with a three-run homer in the third inning. After Le Moyne scored a pair of runs off a bunt single by junior outfielder Brian Cox, St. Thomas Aquinas responded with three more runs. They ended up cruising to a 10-2 victory.

On March 5, Le Moyne defeated Bloomsburg University 12-2 in a huge victory. Junior left fielder JT Pittman hit two home runs to lead the Dolphins to victory. Graduate student pitcher Sean Pisik was credited with the win, striking out nine batters over six innings.

On March 8, the Dolphins traveled to Philadelphia to compete against Philadelphia University in two games. In the first game, Le Moyne took a loss to the Rams, 5-2. After Pittman and Walsh crossed the plate in the second inning, Philadelphia couldn’t be stopped at the plate the rest of the game. They went on to defeat the Dolphins.

In the nightcap, senior center fielder Donato DiNorcia led Le Moyne with a go-ahead run in the top of the seventh inning. They got the runs started in the second inning from a JT Pittman triple. They went on to claim the victory to split the series with the Rams. Junior lefty Cody Barnes was credited with his first victory on the year.

In the last game of their Spring Break trip, the Dolphins were beat by Shippensburg University in Shippensburg, Pa. In the sixth inning, Le Moyne got on the scoreboard off a Camillo Spinoso solo home run. This was the only time they would score in the contest. Shippensburg’s Drew Bene was too much to handle, scoring a homerun and driving in three runs.

Le Moyne travels to Brookville, N.Y. this weekend to compete against LIU Post in a two-game series.

• ‘Phins Baseball Wins 3, Loses 3 on Road

The Most Anticipated Movies of October

Paul McCartney Brings Beatlemania to Syracuse

Emmy 2017 Predictions

It is Time to Say Goodbye, ‘Melo

Opinion

Through My Spectacles: Le Moyne Was Everything

Who’s The 2017 King of Hip-Hop?

Le Moyne Women’s Lacrosse extends win streak to 14

‘Phins Baseball Wins 3, Loses 3 on Road