Le Moyne Baseball Off to Good Start

lemoynedolphins.com
lemoynedolphins.com

lemoynedolphins.com

lemoynedolphins.com

For a second straight weekend, the Le Moyne’s baseball team made the most out of their travels, winning two of three games against the University of the Sciences in Philadelphia on Feb. 25 and 26. This brings the Dolphins to 5-2 on the season, the very same start they saw just a year ago.

Le Moyne started their action in Philadelphia on Saturday with a doubleheader that they managed to split with the Devils.  

The Dolphins used a four-run eighth inning to steal a comeback victory in the first game of the day, winning 6-5.  Josiah Gray and Ben Walsh went back-to-back with RBI singles and Brian Cox knocked in the eventual game-winner with a pinch hit RBI double. In the bottom of the eighth inning, Josiah Gray capped his three-hit ballgame by picking up his third save of the year, retiring all four of the batters he faced.    

Alex Kubera picked up the win on the mound for the Dolphins. He gave up four hits in five innings. Le Moyne racked up 11 hits in the game, including multi-hit games from Josiah Gray, Gabe Levanti, and Ben Walsh.

The second game of the day turned out to be a pitcher’s duel that resulted in Le Moyne falling to the Devils, 1-0, in an eight-inning game. It was the walk-off single by freshman Justin Skinner that downed the Dolphins on a somewhat unusual interference call that ended the game.

Le Moyne was only able to manage three hits off of the Devils freshman starter, the first coming in the fifth.

Sophomore starting pitcher Sam Walsh threw five and two thirds innings of scoreless baseball for Le Moyne, allowing only one hit and striking out three. His older brother, Ben Walsh, took the loss, as he came on in relief of junior Cody Barnes in the bottom of the seventh inning.  

Le Moyne exacted their revenge on Sunday, as they drubbed the Devils 12-1. Nine different Dolphin hitters recorded a hit in this one, including three players with more than one.

Sophomore first baseman Nick Place showed exactly why he earned his first NE-10 Conference Player of the Week nod last week by going two-for-three and racking up three RBIs. Junior right fielder Brian Cox also added three RBIs, going two-for-four on the game.

Graduate transfer starting pitcher Sean Pisik picked up the win for Le Moyne in the final game of the weekend after throwing seven scoreless innings and allowing only five hits. He was also able to manage six strikeouts and was dominant from the moment he toed the rubber.

The Dolphins will now have the rest of this week off before embarking on their spring break road trip that will have them playing seven games in eight days, including three games per weekend. They’ll be looking to continue to improve their already hot bats, as they have now scored six runs or more in five of their first seven games.

• Le Moyne Baseball Off to Good Start

• Le Moyne Baseball Off to Good Start

• Le Moyne Baseball Off to Good Start

• Le Moyne Baseball Off to Good Start

It is Time to Say Goodbye, ‘Melo

• Le Moyne Baseball Off to Good Start

Opinion

Through My Spectacles: Le Moyne Was Everything

• Le Moyne Baseball Off to Good Start

Who’s The 2017 King of Hip-Hop?

• Le Moyne Baseball Off to Good Start

Le Moyne Women’s Lacrosse extends win streak to 14

• Le Moyne Baseball Off to Good Start

• Le Moyne Baseball Off to Good Start

The Middle States Team Comes to Le Moyne for Accreditation Review

• Le Moyne Baseball Off to Good Start

New Student Film Luddite to Premiere April 26

Le Moyne Baseball Off to Good Start