Navigating College Stress: Effective Strategies and Le Moyne Resources for Student Well-being
Mai Aljanabi, Staff Writer • September 27, 2023

College life presents unique challenges and stressors for students, impacting their mental well-being and overall success. This article delves...

via The Huntington
Persistence Into Brilliance: Le Moyne Graduate and Actor Makes Major Mark
Kamilla Shahzad, Staff Writer • September 26, 2023

In the world of theater, Le Moyne College graduate John Douglas Thompson is known to possess an exceptional ability to captivate audiences, effortlessly...

via newbaseballmedia.com
Le Moyne Alum and MLB Star Josiah Gray Nominated for Roberto Clemente Award
Michael Scalise, Staff Writer • September 25, 2023

Here at Le Moyne, the phrase “Greatness meets Goodness” is at the very foundation by which the school stands, and it is safe to say that...

Career Advising & Development at Le Moyne
Carly Nicolai, Editor in Chief • September 18, 2023

“What do you want to do with your degree?” It’s a question many college students have heard before, whether it comes from friends and...

Growing Sunshine-Colored Flowers: Remembering Father Bosch
Stephanie R. Duscher, Staff Writer • September 16, 2023

Many Le Moyne students have likely walked by the lovely gardens outside the Jesuit Residence–a beautiful touch of color amidst the many cloudy...

Men’s tennis falls short against SNHU

Mens tennis falls short against SNHU

This past Saturday, the Le Moyne men’s tennis team held their fall home opener at Syracuse University’s Skytop Courts against the top-ranked Southern New Hampshire University Penmen.

The ‘Phins fought hard during their long drawn-out matches but came up short in the end with a 7-2 loss. However, some of the new players on the team really proved they could come out on top against one of the toughest teams in the conference. Both freshman James Gayvert and Benjamin Spoor won in their singles matches, gaining the only two points in this match for the Phins. Gayvert took first singles by a score of 6-2, 2-6, 10-7. Spoor steadily handled his opponent at fifth singles, with a 6-1, 2-0 victory.

Gayvert, originally of Fairport, NY, achieved his third victory since playing for Le Moyne, making his record a stellar 3-0.  Gayvert, first singles for Le Moyne, duked it out against SNHU’s Mitch Dobek. In the first set, Gayvert dominated with a 6-2 win, but dropped a set for the first time in his young career, 2-6 in the second set.  Dobek and Gayvert went head-to-head in an exciting 10-point tiebreak, with Gayvert coming out with the win. In the end, Gayvert dominated Dobek with a tiebreak score of 10-7.

As for Spoor, he successfully achieved his very first collegiate win at fifth singles by dominating SNHU’s Evan Eaton.  In the first set, he came out on top with a score of 6-1.  In the second, he won by forfeit with a score of 2-0.

The men went 0-3 in doubles on the day, putting them at 0-3 for the fall season. Even though they have not secured their first victory yet, they continue to fight hard each and every match.

The men’s team will continue fighting to put a tally in the win column with important matches next weekend against St. Michael’s and Merrimack, on Saturday, Oct. 5 and Sunday, Oct. 6 respectively, at Skytop Courts at 10 a.m.