Mind Over Matter

Rachel Chea '17, Opinion Editor

We’re entering a very stressful point of the semester. Midterms have crawled their way into the classrooms early, while for others, midterms are grey clouds hovering over the classrooms, waiting for students until they return after Spring Break. It’s also the time of the semester when it feels like we’ve been in school for months and months. Even though it really hasn’t been that long, the endless tests, projects, and homework tend to give the effect that it has. It’s also a point in the semester when seniors realize that they need to get their lives together for after May.

With everything going on, there’s just one thing you need to remember: mind over matter.

It may not seem that simple when you’re going crazy, studying in the library, running around trying to finish a project, or constantly searching for jobs, hoping someone will give you a chance to prove yourself. However, if you just adjust your mindset, you can alter any situation or problem at hand.

Obstacles don’t stop at school though, they come from all angles of life. In relationships, extracurricular activities, or even everyday errands. The bottom line is, there will always be something trying to get in your way.

When it comes to extracurricular activities such as sports or the arts, there will always be things that people may not be able to do, the skills and techniques that challenge them. Your first reaction will be a mix of sadness and disappointment, but don’t be discouraged.

Part of the problem may be the situation at hand, while the other part of it is simply your outlook. The best thing to do is exchange it for a more positive, empowered, and determined attitude.

If you change your outlook, you can change the outcome. The mind is a powerful thing; it’s the ultimate control center and easily influences the rest of your body. It may not seem like much, but having this engrained in your brain and practiced in your daily life can be the ultimate healing device for you.

So, when life throws a curveball at you and you feel like you’ve failed or truly can’t do something, look in the mirror and remind yourself that it’s all mind over matter. When you change your attitude, you can change the world, even if it’s just the world around you.

• Mind Over Matter

Le Moyne Lacrosse Upset by Southern New Hampshire

• Mind Over Matter

Walsh Throws No-Hitter, ‘Phins Win 3 Games over Weekend

• Mind Over Matter

Boeing Boeing is Fantastic, Flying Fun: Review

• Mind Over Matter

RIP Chuck Berry

• Mind Over Matter

Don’t Judge a Book by its Cover

• Mind Over Matter

Le Moyne College Does Not Support Gov. Cuomo’s Excelsior Scholarship Plan

• Mind Over Matter

Student Debt Increase: How Much Will You Owe?

• Mind Over Matter

In Loving Memory of Nicki Minaj

• Mind Over Matter

Summer Concerts at the Lakeview Amphitheater

• Mind Over Matter

Top Ranked Men’s Basketball Moves on in NE-10 Conference Championships

Mind Over Matter