Trump: A Voice for the “Voiceless”

Allison Dolzonek: Opinion Editor

More stories from Allison Dolzonek

Thoughts on Spring
February 25, 2016

Finally! A presidential candidate that speaks for the American citizens that have been stifled by the overbearing arms of Big Brother, that have been holed up in their well-armed, apocalypse-ready bunkers. Come on out, boys and girls, and feel the sun, because Trump is here to stay! That’s right, I’m talking about Donald Trump: The 2016 Presidential candidate for the American bigot.

Not to be callous, but come on. . . . When I hear someone say they support Trump because, “He tells it like it is!” all I’m really hearing is that they applaud and admire Trump for not being too ashamed to say the racist, misogynistic, and homophobic  thoughts they hold deep in their bowels. Oh? So you don’t think Trump is racist and misogynistic?

Let me provide you with a few direct quotes from his repertoire:

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending the best. They’re not sending you, they’re sending people that have lots of problems and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. . . . And some, I assume, are good people.”

“The only kind of people I want counting my money are little short guys that wear yamakas every day.”

“26,000 unreported sexual assaults in the military — only 238 convictions. What did these geniuses expect when they put men and women together?” — From his Twitter

And anything he ever said about Rosie O’Donnell.

Not to mention his gem about political correctness: “I think the big problem this country has is being politically correct. I’ve been challenged by so many people and I don’t, frankly, have time for total political correctness. And to be honest with you, this country doesn’t have time, either.”

So. . .let’s talk about political correctness, which is, in my opinion, one of the biggest myths and scams in American political discourse. Political correctness is the avoidance of forms of expression or action that are perceived to exclude, marginalize, or insult groups of people who are socially disadvantaged or discriminated against. Avoiding that kind of language [racist, misogynistic, homophobic, etc.] is not being “politically correct,” it’s simply being a decent human being.  

If you, like Trump, feel like you can’t express your opinion without a mob of angry, liberal masses attacking you, it’s not because your opinion isn’t PC. It’s most likely because, much like Trump, you’re just kind of a jerk. Political correctness should be a term that refers to the language of our government and our institutions, not an appellation that describes how we should rightly address groups of people. Being PC is a hoax created by racist, misogynistic homophobes so they can whine and complain when scrutinized for being, well, racist, misogynistic homophobes. Trump uses political correctness to veil his absurd, chauvinistic, and medieval world outlooks — and people are actually buying it!

We, as a diverse nation, need to stop being so PC and start calling PC-complainers what they really are: intolerant.

But, alas, all my adorable American bigots. Donald Trump has come to breathe life back into your lungs, and it would appear he will be with you for a while. Trump has people all over the world scratching their heads as he climbs in the polls, leading Carson by 11 points in Iowa and New Hampshire and still clinging onto the Republican nomination by 5 points.

So here’s to Trump, throwing caution to the wind, and never being afraid to “tell it like it is!”

Also, I would like to publicly and formally apologize for my lack of political correctness in this column. To Mr. Trump and all the other racists, misogynists, and homophobes I may have offended, I extend my sincerest of regrets.

Trump: A Voice for the “Voiceless”