via newbaseballmedia.com
Le Moyne Alum and MLB Star Josiah Gray Nominated for Roberto Clemente Award
Michael Scalise, Staff Writer • September 25, 2023

Here at Le Moyne, the phrase “Greatness meets Goodness” is at the very foundation by which the school stands, and it is safe to say that...

Career Advising & Development at Le Moyne
Carly Nicolai, Editor in Chief • September 18, 2023

“What do you want to do with your degree?” It’s a question many college students have heard before, whether it comes from friends and...

Growing Sunshine-Colored Flowers: Remembering Father Bosch
Stephanie R. Duscher, Staff Writer • September 16, 2023

Many Le Moyne students have likely walked by the lovely gardens outside the Jesuit Residence–a beautiful touch of color amidst the many cloudy...

The PAC at during the Fall Arts & Engagement Festival on Aug. 31, via @vpaatlemoyne on Instagram.
What's Happening at the PAC this Fall?
Marisa Barnard, Staff Writer • September 4, 2023

The Le Moyne VPA is preparing for a busy season of gothic delight, warm jazz, and out-of-the-box storytelling, and now is the perfect time to...

Voorhees takes part in a news writing class forum with Timothy Lee, Le Moyne Vice President of Enrollment.
David Voorhees: The Architect of Computer Science at Le Moyne
Jonathan Marks, Guest Writer • August 30, 2023

When David Voorhees was first hired in the fall of 1999 as part of the mathematics department at Le Moyne College, he was also asked to be the...

Through My Spectacles: All Day ‘Phins

Much of my life at Le Moyne has been spent on Ted Grant field with a certain group of ladies, and over the past two years I have had the privilege of calling them my teammates, my friends, my family. Although our time together isn’t over, I just have a few things to tell you all before you go.

Dear Seniors:

I’ve learned that people will come in and out of your lives, but out of those people there will be ones that will leave a lasting impression. And I am confident you six ladies fall under that category.

Before coming to Le Moyne I remember watching you all play in the NE-10 championship against Adelphi—I was so in awe of your talent, and I couldn’t believe I was going to get the opportunity to play with you guys. I wanted to emulate everything about your game; from your incredibly fast passes to your quick foot speed. The summer leading into my freshman year, all I could think about was how great it would be to play like you guys… and now, almost two years later, all I can think about is how incredible it is to play with you guys.

There have been so many times this year while running the gauntlet, or getting on the line to sprint 110s, or hearing coach get on my case for hanging my stick that I’ve thought: Why do I put myself through this every day when I could be sleeping or watching Netflix in bed? Or I’ve thought about how easy it would be to just walk away—to just pick up my stick and walk off the field. But every time I do, there’s something in the back of my head that makes me stop, and I stop because the answer is right next to me putting their foot on the line too, or setting up the draw, or cheering on the sidelines.

I play because there is no better feeling than playing with—than being with you guys on this team, on that field. And after I remind myself of what its like to be surrounded by a group of people you connect with on and off the field, and cry to when things get hard, who you can just be yourself with, I run a little faster. I run so we become that much closer to that National Championship, and not just because I want it for myself, but because I want it for you, for all of us.

But as the school year and the season come to an end I feel as though you guys are running a little bit faster than me; and you’re running towards something beyond that trophy, something much greater. You’re running towards you futures, and the success that I know waits for you there. And as you make your way towards the end line, farther away from me and farther away from the team, I ask you to do us one last favor as our senior leaders: don’t forget about the ones you’re leaving behind on the field.

I’d like to thank you guys for making me, and your whole team want to run faster; for making us strive for greatness and realize the greatness we possess within ourselves.

Love You Guys