Le Moyne and Cazenovia College Agree to “4+1” MBA Program with Madden School

Matthew Clark '15, Editor-in-Chief

On Wednesday, Sept.17, Le Moyne and Cazenovia College signed a formal “4+1” agreement allowing  students from Cazenovia a path to receive their Master of Business Administration (MBA) from the Madden School of Business, following the completion of their undergraduate studies. The ceremony took place in Mitchell Hall, where the Madden School is located.

Since first opening in 2012, the Madden School has served as the home for many of Le Moyne’s business classes in its state of the art facility. This partnership between Le Moyne and Cazenovia is the first of its kind for the two schools.

Le Moyne President Linda LeMura, Cazenovia President Mark Tierno, and Madden School Dean Jim Joseph were on hand to present the agreement to faculty and administrators from both schools. The first student who will be taking advantage of this new opportunity is recent graduate of Cazenovia, Allysa Curtis of Liverpool, NY. Curtis graduated Cazenovia with a Business Management degree, with a concentration in Equine Management. She credited Cazenovia for giving her a “solid foundation” that has prepared her for the Madden School’s MBA program.

“It is my sincere hope that the  articulation agreement being signed today between the two colleges will encourage the pursuit of an MBA graduate degree for many more students in the following years,” Curtis went on to say.

According to President LeMura, the process for this agreement between the two schools took about six months to complete. “This arrangement serves as a template going forward for Le Moyne being the ‘one.’ We’ll be seeing more of these kinds of arrangements in the future,” said LeMura.

LeMura also gave credit to Joseph for playing an instrumental role in starting the conversation with Cazenovia. “Instantly excited” was how LeMura described Cazenovia’s interest in partnering with Le Moyne and the Madden School.

President Tierno was also excited for this new partnership and the new doors that will be opened  for his school and students.  “This will provide our alumni the opportunity to consider an MBA at Le Moyne. This process will ensure more seamless experience for them, and I think it will welcome them into the Le Moyne family.”

LeMura commented during her speech on how she wanted this to be a “presidency of partnerships.” It is her hope that Wednesday’s ceremony is the first of many to come between Le Moyne and other schools in the area.