The SGA announces February events

Mackenzie O'Toole '15, Staff Writer

Each Wednesday night, the Le Moyne’s Student Government Association [SGA] meets to discuss various matters, such as the creation of events, programs and policies for the Le Moyne community. At the meeting on Feb. 12, the SGA members shared their plans for upcoming events during the month of February.

On Feb. 22, there will be a chance for Le Moyne students to take part in a local event: the New York Special Olympics winter games. All students are welcome to volunteer at venues, become an encouraging audience and donate. Those interested can contact Jacklyn Waltz [[email protected]] for more information.

The SGA members also explained that there will be some opportunities to get involved right here on campus. The SGA is seeking student input on ideas for events to engage campus as well as any other suggestions to improve the campus. There will be several chances for students to share their thoughts. On Tuesday, Feb. 25, the SGA invites students to chat with members. Before 21 and Over Senior Trivia Night at the Pub, students who are of legal drinking age can receive a free wine slushie in return for sharing their ideas with the SGA members, who will be stationed in the Pub area at 9:30 p.m., ready to listen.

Those unable to participate in this event may be happy to know that there will be another chance to talk with the SGA. On Wednesday, Feb. 26, the SGA will host a “meet and greet” booth outside of the cafeteria during lunch hours. Students can receive giveaways in exchange for their ideas.

All of these events are in addition to the SGA’s ongoing but often overlooked weekly event. Every Wednesday, Le Moyne students can be a part of “Spirit Wednesday,” a weekly tradition when students are encouraged to don their Le Moyne green and gold for the day. If an SGA member sees you proudly wearing your colors, you may receive a small prize or a raffle ticket for a raffle that will be held at the end of the semester.

Students wishing to know more about the SGA and its work can contact president Allison Herholtz [[email protected]] or stop by their weekly meetings, Wednesdays at 9 p.m. in the president’s suite, Grewen 209.