Cheers and Jeers

More stories from James McDonagh

Cheers and Jeers
September 28, 2017

Cheer – NFL is Back, Baby

It’s that great time of year again when huge hulking men absolutely destroy each other in the name of entertainment and I could not be happier. I have longed for the Sundays where I can sit around for hours on end watching T.V. and eating food (a.k.a. what I do anyway but now I have a reason). It’s a great all day affair, where I can be disappointed by my team week after week and still enjoy it.

Jeer- Mother Nature

It’s like everytime I turn on the news it’s one terrible disaster after another, and it really needs to stop. I mean we have two massive hurricanes in the Caribbean, and Texas has been turned into a swamp. People are in need of help, and we really should be doing anything we can. I think we all could use a break from these superstorms, so hopefully this storm season ends quickly.

Jeer- Winter is Coming

Unfortunately, it is that time again when the white winds blow and night gathers. I’m not talking about the greatest show on television that just had an epic ending to its seventh season. I’m talking about the barren frozen tundra that this place turns into in the winter. I am personally not looking forward to it whatsoever, and now there will be no Game of Thrones to be the light at the end of the tunnel. I’m hoping we either get really lucky or just get destroyed by snow so that we can all sleep in on those coveted snow days.   

Cheer- Mary’s 2.0

The St. Mary’s dorms have finally been redone and I must say it is a great improvement. I mean the old Mary’s had that dark, decrepit, nursing home vibe. It’s a long walk to just about everywhere from Mary’s, so it’s only right that it gets a brand new look.

Cheer- The Den’s Chicken Wings

I am usually very critical of all the food here. I can fill page after page of all the bad things I could say about it, but the chicken wings at The Den are absolutely delicious. I don’t know what the boys behind the counter are doing, but these things are fuego. When the caf is closed (which is usually when I’m the hungriest) The Den is always a solid option and that Munch Money can’t go unspent.

• Cheers and Jeers

New Grant from McNeil Family Goes Towards New Risk Management and Insurance Major

• Cheers and Jeers

Le Moyne College Occupational Therapy Department Hires New Chair

• Cheers and Jeers

Playwright Kyle Bass Speaks at Le Moyne

• Cheers and Jeers

Foery Hall Custodial Staff No Longer Cleans Suites’ Bathrooms

• Cheers and Jeers

Penny Wars Relies on Loose Change to Fundraise for Hurricane Relief Efforts

• Cheers and Jeers

Le Moyne College hires Rochelle Robinson, Violence Prevention Educator, after receiving a Grant from the Department of Justice for Sexual Assault Prevention

• Cheers and Jeers

48 Hour Film Project

• Cheers and Jeers

Craft Talk and Reading with Poet Gabriel Fitzmaurice

• Cheers and Jeers

Inclusivity and Bias at Le Moyne

• Cheers and Jeers

Educating the Whole Artist

Cheers and Jeers