The Dolphins Cashing In from Downtown

lemoynedolphins.com
lemoynedolphins.com

lemoynedolphins.com

lemoynedolphins.com

It’s no secret that this LeMoyne College men’s basketball team can light it up from three-point range, but this week the Dolphins put on a clinic from downtown at Ted Grant Court. They knocked down 30 three-pointers in just two games this past week, adding to what has been an already impressive season for the Dolphins, as they continue their furious push towards the postseason.

On Feb. 1, the Dolphins took the court against a familiar foe in Saint Rose and were able to handle the Golden Knights fairly easily. From the start of the game LeMoyne was looking for their shots behind the arc and they were finding them with regularity throughout. The Dolphins were able to stretch their eight-point halftime lead into double digits with just under eight minutes left and never looked back as they coasted to an 84-70 victory.  

They rode the hot hands of both C.J. Ascuncion-Byrd and Tanner Hyland, who combined for seven of the team’s 14 three-pointers. Ascuncion-Byrd led the way from the tip and finished his impressive night with a team-high 19 points, adding  four assists as well. Hyland provided exactly what the Dolphins needed off the bench as he drained all four three-point shots he took and finished the game with 12 points. The Dolphins’ bench provided a burst of energy to this game as they accounted for 31 of the team’s total points, including two from a thunderous jam by Dan Kaigler that put an exclamation point on their second half surge.

Apparently, the Dolphins weren’t finished with business after their Saint Rose win and decided they needed more on Feb. 4 as they made American International wish they hadn’t made the trip. LeMoyne was dominant from the start and outdid themselves by burying 16 three-pointers in an 87-66 route of A.I.C.  

Tanner Hyland had himself yet another big game as he knocked down five three-pointers and finished the game with a  team high 17 points. There were four Dolphins in double-digit scoring in this game, including six players with at least two three-pointers a piece. Russell Sangster had a big game as well, putting up 16 points in the victory.  

LeMoyne has six players that have made over 15 three-point baskets this year, with Tanner Hyland leading the way with 51. As a team, they are shooting at a 40 percent clip from behind the arc. As the Dolphins continue their quest towards the postseason look for them to spread out their offense and continue to bury the long ball at an efficient rate.

With only four games remaining on their schedule, Patrick Beilein’s squad will look to hold on to their lead at the top of the Southwest Division of the NE-10 Conference. LeMoyne has a chance to win their first NE-10 Championship since 1997 and hopes are most certainly high as they seem to be clicking at the right time.

• The Dolphins Cashing In from Downtown

Walsh Throws No-Hitter, ‘Phins Win 3 Games over Weekend

• The Dolphins Cashing In from Downtown

Boeing Boeing is Fantastic, Flying Fun: Review

• The Dolphins Cashing In from Downtown

RIP Chuck Berry

• The Dolphins Cashing In from Downtown

Don’t Judge a Book by its Cover

• The Dolphins Cashing In from Downtown

Le Moyne College Does Not Support Gov. Cuomo’s Excelsior Scholarship Plan

• The Dolphins Cashing In from Downtown

Student Debt Increase: How Much Will You Owe?

• The Dolphins Cashing In from Downtown

In Loving Memory of Nicki Minaj

• The Dolphins Cashing In from Downtown

Summer Concerts at the Lakeview Amphitheater

• The Dolphins Cashing In from Downtown

Top Ranked Men’s Basketball Moves on in NE-10 Conference Championships

• The Dolphins Cashing In from Downtown

Who Will and Who Should Win at the Oscars?

The Dolphins Cashing In from Downtown